Tuesday, September 6, 2016

An Exploration Through Reading: A Tiffany Smith Story

   Hello hello hello! My name is Tiffany Smith! I am currently a sophomore at Hebron high school. My time is usually consumed by varsity tennis matches and piles of homework. My life is full of wonderful people and experiences! If you don't find me glued to my desk studying, I will be out with friends going on some spontaneous adventure. Also, I devote lots of my time to my new English Bulldog, Harley! She is the love of my life! I don't give myself that much time to read, but I wish I would start to. Reading is something that I would like to make more of a habit. All throughout my life I've never really been one to read a lot of books. I typically read the books that are very popular at the moment, but I would like to begin to shy away from modern books and read more of the classics.
   My reading goal for this year is to read seven books. I'm not too much of a reader, but I feel like this is appropriate for balancing my extracurricular activities along with school. Throughout the past few months I have surprise myself by leaning towards more classic novels. For my summer reading I read Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. This has turned out to be my all-time favorite book, so my reading list has shifted into more classic novels. One book in particular that I have been wanting to read for a while is called Paper Towns by John Green. Also I would like to read Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I would also like to conquer The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. For the first nine weeks, I of course have to read Lord of the Flies by William Golding. I am not too sure of what I would like to read for my nonfiction novel. Then, for the second nine weeks I haven't received the opportunity to view the AP reading list, therefore I am unsure of what I would like to read from that list. Overall, I am excited for this new chapter in my life! I heard sophomore year is spectacular!

1 comment: